It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

wnorm HB User
Uterine thickening at 60

I am a 60 year old woman (in menopause for 5 years). I just had an ultrasound for something ungynecological. The radiologist found a 8mm thickeningof the endometrium. He did not see any malignancy on the ultrasound. I had been using estrogen cream periodically for vaginal atrophy which is common in post-menopausal women. I never took oral hormones. I only used small amounts of the cream once in a while.Last week, I had some spontaneous bleeding. Also I.ve been having some pelvic pain/discomfort lately, as well as bloating. I had a negative pap test in June. I have collagenous colitis, so I usually attribute any pain in my abdomen and pelvic area to IBD.
About 10 years ago , I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and had one ovary taken out.
The radiologist advised me to see my gynecologist soon. I brought the report to my gynecologist's group office. The other doctor who works there told me to wait until my doctor comes back. I have an appointment for a biopsy with my gynecologist mid-January, when he is back from vacation.

Should I worry? Do you think that I probably will have to get a hysterectomy?

Closed Thread

Tags
uterine cancer