It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

moonchild2308 HB User
Hard lump under skin-Bikini area

I'm 19 and I've been sexually active with my boyfriend for the last four years and we've always used protection. I've never cheated on him and the only other guy I was with was about 2 years before my current boyfriend. Friday, 12/13, I discovered a small hard lump at the top of my bikini area. I haven't shaved in about 2 to 3 weeks. Its at the top left corner in the crease where my thigh meets my pelvis. Its slightly red and has some smaller, pimply bumps along the side in the crease. Its probably about the size of a small grape and it doesn't hurt at all but I'm concerned. My brother had testicular cancer and breast cancer runs in my family. I've never been tested but I don't believe I have any STD's or STI's. I've gotten pimples down there before but they're usually down further and I've never had an ingrown hair down there before so I'm not sure what it's like. I'm just really worried and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight. I'm going to wait about a week and go see a doctor if it doesn't get better but I'm just hoping someone can tell me if they've experienced this problem and if its just a serious pimple or ingrown hair. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
(female)

AkaOuch HB User
Re: Hard lump under skin-Bikini area

It's probably an ingrown hair. I've had them around that area before. If it doesn't cause any discomfort I wouldn't worry about it... Sometimes they go away on their own. If it gets bigger or starts to hurt it may be a good idea to get checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
(female)

moonchild2308 HB User

I've only ever had ingrown hairs under my arm before and I can't remember if I ever felt hard lumps under them or not which is why I'm so concerned. I've been putting rubbing alcohol on it and ichthamamol (black tar looking stuff that draws things out. I've used it for ingrown hairs and spider bites) since I found it but it doesn't seem to be helping. You think I should just leave it alone and see if it fixes itself?

Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

AkaOuch HB User

I hate to say one way or another... I don't think it could hurt to get it looked at. It could be infected and may need some attention. I don't know if this helps at all ... Sorry :-/

Closed Thread