It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

Searching4Ans HB User
Unhappy External vaginal burning & slight itching

If someone could offer me any insight I would greatly appreciate it. For two months now I have been extremely uncomfortable and sometimes in pain and cannot seem to find any answers. Quick recap: Two months ago I was diagnosed with BV (although I didn't have all the common symptoms), I experienced a thin, clear discharge, some slight irritation on the inside and outside of my vagina but no odor. I was treated with Metrog vaginal gel for 5 days.. By day 3 I felt 100% better, then on day 4 all my symptoms came back. I went back to the dr and they gave me Cleomycin vaginal ovules for 3 days which helped and felt fine for about 2-3 days after. My symptoms then came back again ( thin, clear discharge and mild irritation ). Went back to the dr and was tested for bacteria, yeast, an STD's. All tests came back negative. I had also been given diflucan to take as a yeast preventative
3x which did nothing and Nystatin to apply, which also did not help. The dr told me to wait until I got my period and that sometimes help restore the natural ph levels. So I began taking a daily probiotic, along with my multi vitamin andadr sure to eat yogurt everyday. My period came and went and my symptoms
Returned. I then began having extreme pain during urination and went to the dr and there was e-coli in my urine and was treated with 5 days of macrobid 2x fail. I went back after and had my urine tested to ensure it was gone, which it was. However now I am experiencing extreme burning and inflammation on my outer vagina. I had more tests done and all ce
Back negative. I have examined myself on the outside and there is nothing there, it's not even red.. Just a burning sensation and a little inflammed on both sides. I went to a new dr and she said yeast may have gotten into my pores since I shave and told me to use the Nystatin 2x daily for 2 weeks, but it has not helped. She ordered blood work for herpes just to rule it out, but I cannot take this anymore. I changed my diet, changed my laundry detergent, began taking lysine incase it is herpes and nothing helps the burning sensation
And inflammation. I don't have any discharge, but sometimes feel more irritation on one or two spots at the entrance to my vagina but there is nothing there! I have been with the same partner for a year and we are both faithful.. I feel terrible not wanting to have sex sometimes but knowing I'll be on fire the next day makes me miserable. I don't have any pain during sex or after, and m boyfriend says he feels fine. I do have HPV, but I've had it for years and never experienced this burning. I usually don't wear any underwear at home
Now as I am more comfortable without them
On, but I just want to feel better!! So I'm waiting for the blood work to come back and if that comes back normal my dr wants me to see a dermatologist.

Has anyone ever suffered from this almost constant burning sensation on the outside like I have and if so how did you treat it and more importantly what caused it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: External vaginal burning & slight itching

Dear searching 4 ans, Welcome to healthboards! I read your complete post & it seems like your drs have been very thorough, in my opinion. Im really sorry, this sounds so miserable & i hope that you get better. I wondered while reading your post if possibly you may have a reaction to condoms, or if after all the medications if a hormone imbalance was a possibility. Anyway, i hope the dr can find the problem and help you heal.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

Searching4Ans HB User

Hi gmak,

Thank you for the reply! My boyfriend and I don't use condoms, so the burning sensation isn't from that. I did ask my doctor if a hormone imbalance could be the reason and she said because of my age (28), she doesn't think so, but if the rest of my
Tests come back normal I will ask for them to be checked. My mother was diagnosed with vulvodynia a while back, but I don't have the tiny cuts or raw feeling she would get. I just pray for it to be diagnosed and treated.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

Skpatrick HB User

Hello searching4answers! You named my problems to the T! Please, if you have found out what this is, please post the information! I go back to the dr for the 4th time in six weeks tomorrow and I would love to have something else to work with! Thank you!!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-01-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

tinkerbelle2 HB User

Hey, have any of you had any more updates or information? I too have a very similar thing! Kind regards...!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
(female)

Skpatrick HB User

Hello there! Well after the drs deciding it wasn't gential herpes, he decided to treat me for vagnial atrophy. He gave me a ppremarin cream to use twice a week and to make sure I use product like KY during intercourse. I really didn't see that the cream was helping either so I discontinued use. Got to where I felt pretty good for about 3 weeks but of course now it is getting sore again. Changed to a different dr Monday and she has sent off a culture and we should have it back this Thursday afternoon. I will let you know what the results come back as. I just pray that it comes back as something!!! This unexplainable answer is about to drive me insane!!! Will share with you soon!

Closed Thread

Tags
vaginal pain