It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

lexandraca HB User
No More Period

So, I got my period when I was 10. Extremely irregular for the following 6 years. I gone at most 3 months without having my period, then BAM it's back. But it has been 7 months now. I'm 100% not pregnant. I'm not classified as "overweight." I did cheer that ended last April but still got my period. I may be 16 but the thought of being infertile devistates me because I do eventually want kids and don't want whatever is happening now effect that later on in life. So all I want to know is what could the problem possibly be?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: No More Period

Any number of things and most are not serious. Go see a gynecologist. They can probably help you. You may just need a shot to jump start things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I agree that you need to see a gynecologist. It could be something as easy as putting you on the pill or something because I highly doubt that at 16 you are infertile. You should be going to a gyne anyway starting at about 18 yrs old so you might as well start going now to have her help you figure out what's wrong.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
(female)

lexandraca HB User

I'm just definitely the type of person who thinks it could be the worse. I guess I just think it is unsafe because if I were to have sex and something went wrong there would be like no signs for me to know.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I had funky periods when I was 16 too, though my record for how long I went without bleeding was only 4 months (which I hated because it was during the quarter I had swimming in gym class and I'd have given my right leg to say I couldn't swim because I was bleeding).

I never found out why they did that. I just chalked it up to being a teenager since your periods are likely to be whacky when you're a teen. Then they went back to normal all on their own and stayed that way for about 8 years.

Infertility is doubtful, though you could have something that can cause fertility issues. Do you have any pain anywhere? Sometimes ovarian cysts can cause irregular or missing periods and not present any symptoms. Unfortunately, I haven't yet patented my device that allows diagnosis online, so I have to echo the rest of the folks here and suggest seeing a doctor for a well-woman exam.

A gyno will figure out what's going on and will discuss treatment options once they know. If it turns out to be nothing, you can probably go on Provera, which are hormone pills that are meant to start your period.

Best of luck to you! I'm having some weird menstrual issues myself and it's not fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
awkward, infertile, period delayed, sex chat