It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

Pridki HB User
possibly pregnant..... confused....

First off, I currently do not have insurance,so i have not been to the doctor in a while, and have never been checked for fertility issues, however I have alot of symptoms of PCOS and have had alot of issues with excessive bleeding. I have never had normal periods. I was on birth control for years, but since i wasn't sexually active for 4 years, i stopped taking it. I got married on Nov 9th, 2012 and the rest of that is kind of implied LOL Im 31, in fairly good health, a little overweight, with HBP.
I had been having a period for about 4 months prior to this on a regular schedule, which was unusual for me. My last regular period was on Oct 4. I decided to start trying to take birth control again , because we weren't sure we wanted to start a family just yet. However the birth control started making my sugar drop within 2 hours of taking it, and after i realized what was happening i stopped taking it again. That was on Nov 22. I had a light period from stopping the b/c for about 3 days and haven't had one since then. Today is Jan 14, 2013. I have recently lost 25 lbs, but could have gained some back. In the last 4 weeks, I have had MANY symptoms of pregnancy. It started with alot of headaches,which i don't usually have, and being really tired all the time, no matter how much I slept. A little dizziness, a few small bouts of nausea, waking up early in the morning around 5 or 6, and not being able to go back to sleep for a while. When I go to bed, it takes forever to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. I wake up starving in the morning, and after I eat, it's not long until I'm hungry again. For a couple weeks I was urinating what seemed like all the time, and still have to go more often than usual. In the last week, I have noticed that my breasts feel much heavier and appear to be bigger, my husband agrees. I don't normally have visible areolas, but the area around my nipple and in an oval shape above them has darkened and is sometimes more visible than others. I am overweight so i know how my abdomen normally feels when i sit and lay or when i press on it. Recently it feels poochier around my belly button, and harder when i press on it. It's not as comfortable when i lay on my stomach, or when i sit, because it feels like it's " in the way" which is different than normal. In the last 3 weeks i have taken about 8 or 10 HPT's, including one that a friend got me from the dr's office she works for. They have all come out as definite negatives. I just have a "feeling" that I am pregnant. We werent TTC, nor were we not TTC. I know you can talk yourself into it sometimes, if you are really anxious to TTC, but until i started noticing more and more symptoms, I wasn't even thinking about it. My mother says that it's possible that because I was celibate so long, then started having intercourse regularly that my hormones have gone into overdrive and it could be causing all of this. I can rationalize all of the symptoms with other things, except my breasts growing, and the "Feeling" i have. Does anyone have advice, or opinions on this? I am so confused and upset because I keep getting negative tests but keep having more symptoms. It costs over 100 dollars for a blood pregnancy test, and most doctors wont even do them until you get a positive HPT. Any information provided would be totally appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread