HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Digestive problems, gynecological problems, or both? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/936057-digestive-problems-gynecological-problems-both.html)

CrossMyHeart 01-20-2013 07:47 PM

Digestive problems, gynecological problems, or both?

Hello,

This is my first post on HealthBoards. :wave: I am a 22 year old female who has not had any health problems until recently. Since October 2012, I have been experiencing strange symptoms: bloating, feeling a tingling sensation in my perineum and rectum, a pressure and a feeling of fullness in my rectum (I have normal bowel movements), and tightness and tenderness of my vaginal opening and surrounding vulva. Also, I periodically have bouts of frequent urination. Symptoms get worse around my period where it gets so uncomfortable to sit down because of the pressure and pain down there.

I was symptom free for about a month before things got worse again after my period. :mad: I have been to many doctors for this issue only to be sent away after many a negative urinalysis for a UTI. I went to a gynecologist only to writhe in pain after she inserted the speculum; that was extremely painful. Nothing abnormal was found. No BV and no yeast. I have also had an ultrasound, but I was just examined externally (I refused to have a scope put inside because the speculum was painful enough). Nothing abnormal there either.

I don't know what's the matter with me. My doctors are not taking me seriously. I don't know what tests I should ask for next. All I know is, I don't want to feel this way anymore. When my symptoms come around, my life revolves around going to the restroom several times a day and trying to manage my discomfort through school and work. If anyone has experienced the same symptoms, please reply back.

miss345 01-23-2013 09:39 PM

Re: Digestive problems, gynecological problems, or both?

Hi CrossMyHeart....First, I am taking you seriously...Now for my thoughts on this...You have been checked out and I believe you are having all these problem...Now try something different...Try telling your brain that you are OK...Try making yourself believe that it will go away and it is just your mind playing a game with you....Believe me STRESS can be a killer...

I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, but I know well how we can manufacturer problems in our mind and make them come alive on a regular schedule...My best to you...Take care...ILD....

miss345 01-23-2013 09:42 PM

I am going to add one more thing...Try and do some Kegel exercises to see if this takes some pressure off of your vaginal area...They can help...Take care...ILD....

CrossMyHeart 01-28-2013 10:15 AM

Hello again,

I found out what was the problem from my recent appointment with a new doctor. So I'll just leave this hear in case anyone who is experiencing the same symptoms may find an answer.

I was told that I most likely have endometriosis since every other test I've taken has come out negative. There is no cure, but the symptoms can be managed. What was causing the rectal pressure and mild pain I felt was the cells from my uterus migrated to an area colloquially called the cul-de-sac which is between the vagina and rectum. My symptoms flare up during menstruation and begin to get better when my period ends.

It's not pleasant, but it is what it is.