It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

Ella24 HB User
Exclamation Pain when inserting and extracting tampons?

*I am 20 years old
*have been using tampons for the past 6 years now
*have been sexually active for 1 year
*have never had any yeast infections
*I am not taking any birth control

The pain only occurs when I am inserting and extracting tampons and has occurred the past two periods I have had. The pain did occur once during intercourse right after my period had ended last month but went away after we avoided sex for a few days after that but continued after those few break days. I shrugged it off and it didn't come back until my next period and I inserted my first tampon for the month. The pain is like a sharp tightening pain that I feel when I insert a tampon, and a similar pulling pain when I take it out. It's as if the tampon can't be inserted all the way. I have tried using all different sizes of tampons, of course the light ones were less painful but still, pain. I have tried different applicators, plastic and cardboard (cardboard is slightly more painful). I also feel a pain at the outer part of my vagina as I wipe with toilet paper. Once the tampon is in, I can still feel a small throbbing but It's not really bothersome while I go about my day to day activities. It's not that I am too dry, my period was as it has always been, heavy at first and then gets light. After a few days of increasing pain with tampon usage, I am now wearing panty liners and have noticed a slightly small pain deeper in my vagina sometimes when I move and I have been spotting a bit of what does not seem like period blood as it's thinner, lighter, and almost watery.

I don't understand what could possibly be causing this pain when I've never felt any discomfort with tampons before in my life and I am starting to get concerned. Any advice as to what this might be and how to treat it would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Ella24; 01-26-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
period, sex, tampon, vagina, women