Join Date: Feb 2013
SO you think you have BV, Yeast, PID, HPV. MY story
Lets just say this is my story of the things that have helped me. I frequntly got those probloems until I changed some key things.
First off I got the yeast and the BV due to intercourse and mistaken hygeine tactics, which lead to my PID.
I also had pain during sex, dryness from time to time, even when I had no symtoms i felt like i dried out quick during sex. I swore for months I had a prolapsed uterus, I had cramps, unable to get alot of moisture before intercourse. PID makes you feel like your sitting on it or its gonna fall out. Well atleast that what it felt like to me. along with naval pain and lower abdominal pain.
1. I was having intercourse everyday except menstral, because I was trying to conceive, Little did I know. DONT DO IT.
First off sperm changes your PH and I might be allergic to it because I get frequent yeast infections. So sperm could be a problem. I didn't realize that old and new sperm can also be a breading ground for disaster as well. Sperm can also release chemicals of there own. Dead sperm can cause problems as well. Womens bodies can attack sperm, So go to your doctor and find out. and lessen your chances of yeast infection. Use condoms when your not ovulating. Do your home work on conceiving for you. SEX and research on sperm vaginal chemistry can save you alot of money on monistat.
2. Toys. Yes i didnt realize that soap to clean my toys are harmful. starts with a yeast and can lead to BV. PLEASE GO TO THE TOY STORE AND BUY THE CLEANING STUFF. DO NOT USE SOAPS OR ANYTHING ELSE. Not even VAGINAL WASH. Long story short it can not micro clean it and break down the germs. Toy cleaner can. DO not BLEACH IT EITHER.
3. Toileting habits. I do the standard protocall front to back. But if you read on how things travel into the vaginal areas. I have learned to take a few seconds get some paper towels and some plain water and wipe before I pull up my underwear. NO SOAP. I get in my creases and crevices and I wipe. Less things to travel,dont super clean as this can cause problems to but, Plain old TP can leave some things behinds is all Im saying. When Im at home I use a water bottle and rinse the top and back. Pat dry and move on. I've had less problems. Yes fecal partical can travel and also cause BV. SO wipe first, then rinse, pat dry. Aslo dyed and scented TP can cause it as well. Just use plain old toilet paper.
4. Feminie wash- Please use this instead of soap, some soaps have deodorant in them. Soap can dry out your face so it can dry out your area. Overall it just not good for you. I have made my partner( a man) wash his genital only with it. It has cut down on my issues. If I cant use soaps then why should he. Mens soaps have stuff in it as well that aint good for a woman PH balance. WE use it before and after intercourse. Cant say enough about it. WONDERFUL!!!! I have no UTI either.
5.underwear. I must say I have had a yeast and BV even in my grannies. Well I started to use pantiliners and I have had less problems as well. Especially if you wear a thong wear a liner. First off you have on your underwear for 8 hrs or more and in between time things have happened. restroom, intercourse,presperation, and yes it can be a breeding ground. SO found changing my liner kept me in good standing and dryer. If you dont wear none you should, because you can get it from your jeans too if you dont have no underwear on.
6. detergent- I have had to change my detergent when it has come to my underwear. The fragrances and dyes can be an issue for some. I have used detergents that are dye free. U can also get detergent with boric acid added to it. Boric acid has been said to rid the bv. Now I have not used the boric acis suppositories inside my vaginal area. I honestly dont trust inserting it inside, but on my undies to kill it is fine. I also have read that adding baking soda to your wash of the undies along with your fragrance free detergent has been know to kill the yeast bacteria. Now they say you can make it into a douche but I wouldn't recommend it and I haven't tried it. i also found letting my undearwear soak a few minutes in the wash with the chemicals has helped. gives it time to set in and work.
7. Douche- I stopped using all of them. I realized can be harmful unless you hear it from YOUR doctors mouth dont try it. PEROXIDE, BORIC, ACID, BAKING SODA, APPLE CIDER, TEA TREE, NONE. First off alot of this is strictly for oral conception and there is a very good reason why. What belong in your mouth dont always belong in your vaginal area, EVEN MEDICINE. These things are acidic and can harm the membranes and the things that could bring you back to normal. If you read tea tree oil or anything it is labled not for genital use. So yeah you cleared everything and know you can seem to produce what would keep you regulated. Dont do this with out doctors consent. These people who claim they work if thats the case then it be in the vaginal isles. Dont stick stuff up there. It can burn you and you wouldn't know it. Your vagina is like an open wound. it can never heal if you sticking bad stuff in it. once you harm it. it may never be the same. Now what I can say has helped is using distilled water. I have used it as a douche but not everyday. i just rinse out the dead sperm every couple of days. I bought a case and I use a little to rinse out when I've been on my I wanna have a baby spree. even this can flair you up but if you use it in moderation. it can be wonderful.
8. allergies. sometimes you can be allergic to products used for vaginal areas like jellies and creams. dyes and fragrances, even latex condoms can start something. happened to me so know I use vinyl. No issues there.
Also i didnt realize when I'm tring to shave and be neat yeap. I would get it as well. So be careful of the products you use to rid the hair can also cause it as well. Be sure to rinse well.
9.food- OMG. whip creams, chocolates, and just food period. Dont use it. I've heard of people saying use plain sugar free yogurt and Yes I tried it. It was a nightmare and it didnt work. It made me worse. I suggest you eat it, but if a doctor suggest stickin it down there then go ahead, but for me it speed me straight on to BV. Thats another one stick Garlic in your vagina. Give me a break. If garlic cured it. As much as I eat it. I shouldnt have a problem.
10. penicillin- has been known to give yeast, but can cure bv. so if you on it do what your doctor says
11. monistat- it burned me up. i really didnt enjoy it,but if it works go for it.
12.AZO YEAST really does work but i found if i use it it makes me bleed after two days. yeah i'm allergic, but my friends have used it and rave reviews.
13.acidophilius- heard it does, but if you have HPV..YES this stuff works. It takes a while but it helps to rid of the warts naturally. I do have HPV. I had warts for 6 months. I couldnt seem to find a way out and I some frozen off. It stings and the after pain is sore but I used this and it did the trick better than any at home remedy. The doctor told me to do both and I will see change and before I could finish my treatment It totally cleared up.
I used it with rephresh and it helped my BV and yeast since i have an allergy to it all.
14. Rephresh pro-b and gel I couldnt use the medication perscribed so I gave it a shot. I couldnt eat or do yougurt, penicillin made yeast, but i'm allergic to all flagyl, and monistats alike. Even AZO yeast. So i tried this probiotic and it took along time but I got rid of it. I had to use my bowls alot but it was worth it. Now I cant say this will cure you but. It did for me. I also use along with the acidophilious and I havent had complication to the degree I have. I was also told to much of this can cause yeast to, but use in moderation and as instructed. Once I got back to normal I dont use, but the first sign of something I use it.
On a side note you will read reviews about people saying you a hydrogen peroxide and it natural, Blah, blah, blah, but if you do your research your body can produce it with the help of a lactobacillus. So that is why I wont make it a douche because I can produce it without wondering what did I do and omg. whats happening. The fizzing nobody told me how to stop the fizzing! If you ever gargled this stuff then you already know.
15. STD an other heath issues. sometimes other STD's can mask themselves. For instance I kept getting a yeast infection and BV so I thought. Then i got theses spots which you can get if you have a yeast infection for along time. But it turns out I had trichomonas. I only found out because I asked then could they test me for something else because I keep getting a yeast infection so I thought. But be persistant in your testing request additional testing because it may seem like yeast or BV and its not. I also found out that I had ovarian cyst that ruptured due to all this mess.
I really use these methods and I have seen a change in my life i am no longer chained down at the pharmacy for yeast and BV. I do have my small flairs but I nip it in the bud. The best thing about it is I even had my partner do it. He took his penicillan and cream, As well as he stopped using his soaps on his genital and he does use my feminine wash. Although he was una ffected i still took the extra step. Men can carry yeast and they too need treatment to stop the vicious cycle. I waited two weeks to have sex period. I honestly waited almost a month to take off the condoms between us and I had no pain, no smell, no nothing and it was wonderful. Yes my uterus feels like its in the correct place. Since I have my problems under control I have not had any HPV outbreaks as well. Strange thing is my partner is unaffected by all of these things but price of being a woman sometimes.