It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: 23 cm ovarian cyst, confused and scared

Since the scan report said " This likely represents an ovarian cystadenoma" it seems it would be standard to biopsy the cells.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmom08 View Post
They found a 23 cm cyst while doing an x ray for lower back pain, I had a follow up visit where they didn't do anything except take blood, but I don't know what for, I can't get a CT until the referral goes through and I can't go to a gyno until after the CT scan, per my insurance chain of command. I'm really nervous, the doctor didn't say much other than I only need one ovary. What should I expect, will I need surgery? Should I be worried about cancer? I'm so confused. Also I have gone to the doctor the past year for weight gain, constant fatigue, constipation with blood in stool, and lower back pain....always being told this or that...could this be connected? Thank you so much.

Hi, how are you doing now?
I haven't followed up with this thread but I do remember reading it. My question is, with the x ray they were able to tell if you had a cyst??
I had an x ray done for lower back pain with my chiropractor and he said I had a tilted pelvis and mild scoliosis which was causing the pain, due to exercise. I have had 2 major low back pain episodes since July and every now and then I still get this pain and sometimes it feels like mild back labor, even when I'm not on my period. I also just started having light spotting between periods which I never had. My periods aren't too heavy-- my last one was heavier than the one before that, but usually the heaviness lasts 3 days and then it's back to light or spotting. So I am starting to wonder if my back is really causing the problem or if it's related to my ovaries or something else. My discs looked fine in my back. I should take the x ray to my doc I guess? Ask my chiro for it so my doc can look at it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

When I had the xray they said they appeared to be a mass, most likely a cyst, on one of my ovaries. That is how I even know now was becuause of an xray for back pain. They thought it was larger than actually is. You can also request a copy of the xray results, I did. I also had a CT scan done, that would probably get a better look, also a transvaginal ultrasound if you suspect something.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

I don't think chiropractors would be able to notice anything abnormal when it comes to this stuff- they only look at the bones/spine. There was a lot of inflammation back when I had it- he did notice that. It was just white blotches all over the area that I was having pain in. He said I aggravated the discs doing something. He said I must've done something that compromised my spine as it was already bent (scoliosis, but mild) and my pelvis was tilted... but now I'm not sure as the pain comes and goes.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
(female)

3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User

llsmom08, just curious, with all these seemingly unrelated symptoms before finding out about this mass/tumor, were you also seeing your GYN for scheduled routine care, six months or annually? (not sure what is recommended for your age.) I know we all sometimes "skip" preventive care............I know it has to be difficult with a 5 yr old, medi-cal and no regular work hours (being a substitute teacher)..... WITHOUT SAYING AND UNRELATED, KUDOS TO YOU FOR DOING THE OFTEN UN-THANKED, UNRECOGNIZED AND UNDERPAID JOB WHO MUST LOVE OUR KIDS ENOUGH TO TEACH!!!!!!!!

I know you said you'd been to doctors for some of these symptoms (these weren't all chiropractic visits, were they?)

Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

Thank you I am finishing up my credential so I can be a full time teacher

I hadn't gone to a chiropractor I had just been seeing my general practitioner for the symptoms. I hadn't had a "woman" visit in probably almost 2 years, (I'm 28 and I know I should be going more than that) which is I know, not good It just never occured to me. I had scheduled one about 3 months ago for april and the back thing happened, so I went to urgent care and the rest is as they say history lol. I don't really know how this all works, but I hope to feel better after my surgery is done and I am healed and recovered. I have spoken with others who had similar issues and they all said they felt a million times better after the surgery. During one of the visits (I went because I felt like I was always fatigued, if my son was with his dad I would literally sleep for 17 hours, and still feel tired no matter what) and he said it could be break through depression and gave me another type of pill to add on to my anti-depressant. Back pain was attributed to weight gain (which is totally possible). I had gone another time for constipation that usually results in bleeding. They checked for hemorrhoids, and that was negative. My insides have been a little weird the last couple of years and I attributed that to my c-section. I was told to take stool softener. All of these symptoms have been occuring for probably the last 3 years, with me going to the doctor for them off an on. Before I started subbing I worked retail (and actually had really great insurance, subbing does not give me health insurance, go figure lol), and that is when a lot of this started happening, the weight gain, fatigue, constipation, anal bleeding. I don't think all of my weight gain is from this, I have always been on the bigger side, but I went from 190-300 in about 2 1/2 years...I didn't eat more or exercise less, if anything I ate better and exercised more because I saw the pounds creeping on. This eventually led me to be in my words "fat" and tired, so they put me on prozac and told me to walk more. I had them test my thyroid, blood sugar...anything. I thought maybe my metabolism was getting worse since I am getting older. I know I could for sure eat healthier and move more lol, but that just seems like a lot of weight without really changing my habits. I know the surgery won't magically get rid of all of those issues, but I really hope I get some of my energy back. I feel like a slug:/

Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #22
Veteran
(female)

Did they check your iron levels?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

actually no they didn't, that is a good idea. When I was pregnant I was anemic. I hadn't even thought of that, thank you!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

I bet you anything your ferritin is low. I had so many weird things going on and found out I was anemic not too long ago. I still have symptoms and think it's going to take a long time get my levels up. I was really low, my number was 9. My doc just put in another prescription for me, I take it 3x a day which I HATE DOING but I just want these symptoms to go away- mainly the RLS and muscle cramps in my legs at night. I also had a tingling tongue for a while. Just weird nerve stuff....
I see my doc at the end of the month and I am sure he will have my blood checked again to see where I'm at. But it's amazing how a ton of physical things going on can be due to lack of iron.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #25
(female)

3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User

You should never feel you're a "slug" and please don't say that about yourself. You are, in reality, a single Mom and a teacher (or at least on your way to being one.) I think you're depressed and many of your symptoms - the fatigue, weight gain, change in eating habits), start here. The Surgery will help many of your physical symptoms and a mass as large as yours surely would cause pelvic tilt, bloating, constipation and possibly the bleeding. But sadly the surgery will not make you feel any better about yourself. Only you can change this.

I hope you know I didn't mean to make you feel bad about not keeping up with the "lady exams". To be honest, most of us have done it - whether it was a pap, a mammogram or both. The lack of affordable insurance makes it easy to put off things we know we should do.

The depression, you can make better, but it may take more than another or a different pill. It will take work and some time. It helps to start each day looking in the mirror, (and your heart), and saying "I matter"......because you do. Sure you are confused and scared - who wouldn't be?

My husband died of a drug overdose when our daughter was eight. I went through many years of self blame - I mean surely it was my fault he "couldn't deal" with life, my fault for kicking him out and pushing him off the cliff when I knew how "close" he was.....I too put on the pounds, doubted myself for his insecurities and got up every morning asking myself why would he, or anybody else, would want a fat pig like me. I should have cared more, tried harder.

And so the story goes. I got fat, and I didn't have a mass in my stomach. Now, my baby is grown, married and in the morning leaving for a belated honeymoon in Barcelona, Berlin and Paris. I got her through college working three jobs, lost my house of 22 years in foreclosure, went through bankruptcy and was forced into "voluntary" early retirement 55. Still I was here, he wasn't. And his misgivings were never my fault.

I am now, many years after his death ready to let him go, ready to let myself go. I didn't do anything wrong. And my depression has finally gone back under the rock it came from. I lost the weight, finally finished college and have a boyfriend. I almost laugh when I say it.

You will do the same. You love your son and I am sure "you" are his world. You deal with the medical issues first and we'll help you with the rest. You will find some wonderfully strong people here. But please, start tomorrow by saying you matter, hell say it at lunch, before bed and as often as you have to, until you mean it. We all were put here for a reason, you have just "misplaced" yours. I have faith in you. You are stronger than you think

Sorry for the trip down my own pity party.

The following user gives a hug of support to 3red3red:
llsmom08 (05-10-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to 3red3red For This Useful Post:
llsmom08 (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

You didn't make me feel bad. I am very sorry about all of that It sounds like you have done a lot for your daughter. We are all here for each other

Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #27
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

Well I went to the emergency room again today worst pain I have ever experience in my life.††I went by ambulance.††I went to bed at 10 p.m. with a little bit of discomfort but nothing major.††I woke up at 4 a.m. in extreme pain.††I left the ER at about 1 p.m.while I was there they gave me two doses of morphine and that didn't even make the pain go away. They did another ultrasound and it shows that the cyst has gotten larger it is now 16.6 centimeters.††They also found a new††cyst on my other ovary that is 2.5. centimeters.††They suggested that I get ahold of my OBGYN and try to get my surgery moved up in case it gets larger or ruptures.††My OBGYN is on vacation and they said they would page her and get back to me but they never did.††I am not quite sure what to do or if this makes it anymore serious.††I I am still in a little pain though it is very mild compared to earlier.††they let me look at the ultrasound and it was all black with a cyst was which I was told meant it was all filled fluid which was good.††my left ovary cannot be seen it also they don't know if there's anything wrong with it.††this cyst is bigger than my uterus and bladder.††I have a pre surgery get together scheduled at my house tomorrow..deep pit, baked potatoes, wine...but my family is acting like I'm going to break if I even get up.††I'm super stressed at my doctors never got back to me.††I don't know what to do

Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

That sounds awful - so sorry you had to go through that! Yes, if the surgery isn't until May 24, that seems too long to wait. It's good though that it appears to contain all fluid. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
(female)

llsmom08 HB User

Well it isn't bigger the first doctor who told me that read the results wrong. It i still and had always been 13.6x16.6x15, I guess the ultrasound tech just wrote the numbers in a different order so the doctor just read thw first number:/ I went back to ER yesterday because the pain wasn't going away. They said they are keeping tje same surgery date. The newest er doc said if the pain keeps uo to go back to er and they will give me morphine again:/ I dont want more morphine, I want to be done with all of this

The following user gives a hug of support to llsmom08:
Mandolyn (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
Veteran
(female)

i'm so sorry llsmom!!
they should do that surgery NOW!
i know you don't want to be on morphine, nor do you want to stay in the hospital.
do any other strong pain relievers work? like vicodin? did they give you something for sleep at least?

i hope you get that surgery soon!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Mandolyn:
llsmom08 (05-24-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandolyn For This Useful Post:
llsmom08 (05-24-2013)
Closed Thread