It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

nuttylady HB User
perimenopause? Strange head sensation with headache?

Is anyone else going through this? Other than the regular menopausal symptoms; vaginal dryness, loss of sex drive, mood swings, hot surges, major anxiety, upper right side under rib pain (I don't have a period because of full hysterectomy at 37 due to fibroids, but I have ovaries) I had been feeling ok. Just a few weeks ago I started to feel a strange sensation in my head accompanied with a flash of a pain on one side. My upper shoulders and neck are extremely tight and I thought it could be related. I found trigger points that would send this same shooting pain and I pressed on them. In addition, these strange buzzing, foggy, uneasiness feelings in my head are starting to make me anxious and paranoid. The pain in not so bad where I can't function but it puts me in a panic and starts my mood swings and can't concentrate on anything else. The back of my neck feels heavy and sore and almost restless (it's so difficult to explain). My scalp also feels tender like someone is pulling on my hair. It also sometimes feels like a cold rush pain....so many different characteristics to it. My sinuses are not clogged or running but I'm tender above and below my eyes and my jaws are also sore. The most bothersome symptom would be the shooting pain that may or may not last and the tingling feeling it leaves me with. I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few more symptoms with this "CRAZY HEAD SENSATION" that I've been experiencing. Can anyone help me understand this strange feeling? Thanks!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: perimenopause? Strange head sensation with headache?

Greetings! Welcome to the General Health Boards! a neurologist may be able to help with an MRI if desired. A gynecologist might figure out whether the hormones are out of balance from a sort of surgical menopause but personally I would not bother with the artificial ones since some of these have been known to cause cancer in the patients later on. I understand that if the uterus has been removed but the ovaries stay in place about 5 years or so later the ovaries can shrink because sometimes some of the normal blood supply was interrupted a bit from the surgery.

They do have some herbal hormone replacements out there if desired, personally I might not bother with it, but some women have used it successfully. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
nuttylady (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds more like sinus issues, You don't have to sneeze, have a runny nose, etc to have allergic responses. And there is non allergic rhinitis as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
nuttylady (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

You are welcome! Peace, sjb

Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User

I have had this!! I am relating it to my TMD though, as my TMJ is acting up. My left side is all messed up and I am on a soft food diet. But my head!! It feels as if someone is squeezing it in one of things you put wood between to cut it-- and sometimes the nerves tingle and I get spasms in my cheeks, and pressure on the bridge of my nose but no runny nose or stuffy nose either. And my ears are so full, like they feel infected but again this is most likely TMJ related with me. Do you have TMJ?? Do you clench or grind your teeth at night in your sleep? Jaw pain?

Things to consider...

Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Thanks Mandolyn, I do have sore jaw pain and my jaw clicks when I chew gum. Dr. said today the jaw was off a bit and my dentist did notice that I grind my teeth and I've been catching myself clenching my teeth. I've been so stressed the past 5 months with my mom's testing and I'm thinking maybe all this head, jaw, neck pain may be related to stress. Dr. today noticed that my shoulders/blades are extremely tight with many tight knots on them...who know maybe all this is causing my headache and not perimenopause. However, we are doing blood work now to see if I am peri/menopausal. Thanks for the advice

Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! I might call the doctor back since blood is being drawn and request that electrolytes be done since if these are off the muscles can get very tight. Peace, sjb

Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

nutty lady - do you ever experience flashes of light in your vision? like eye flashes? almost like lightening in your peripheral vision...

i have been having this ever since my TMJ was diagnosed with TMD. it sounds to me like you have TMD. ALL of those symptoms can be caused by TMD and it mimicks so many other causes. do you wear a mouth guard or splint in your mouth at night?
if not, i would have your dentist make you one (they are pricey but if you have good insurance they may cover a lot of it)

Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Thanks sjb, I will ask her and look up the electrolytes and muscles....more research on the internet for me now These muscles on my shoulders/blades have been tight since my fall. My massage therapist says that one feels like cartilage is growing around it, is that possible? It clicks when I rotate my blade and it's very hard and rope like.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Hey Mandolyn, I haven't experienced flashes of light in my vision. I will see the dentist again very soon. Have a great night!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! If so I would think it is rare indeed. Sometimes cartilage can break off and be found in unusual places. Muscles or other structures can sometimes tear, and they can sometimes also become calcified with mineral. Sometimes the muscles can form little hard knots like charlie horses if tense or if fibromyalgia is present. Sometimes too much potassium, calcium or not enough salt can tighten muscles against one's will even to the point of respiratory problems in the case of a family member. A physiatrist can sometimes help come up with a proper diagnosis.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
nuttylady (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

SJB, my chiropractor told me that i could have bone spurs in my left ear?? i told him how it is always bothering me (but probably cuz of TMJ) and when i exercise and do any kind of jumping or hopping there is a clicking sound in there when i hop up, but only when doing those movements. my dentist talked me out of an x ray too, because it would cost me a lot through him, and he has always been honest with me.

Closed Thread