It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2002, 09:41 PM   #1

chaitea HB User
Angry white discharge

ok...here goes...for the past couple of weeks, i've been noticing a thick white discharge in my underwear, plus around the inside of my labia majora. i usually have a white build up, it's not news to me since my vagina has been like that for as long as i can remember. the thick discharge in the underwear is what is bothering me. it smells, but i think the smell is the not-bad-but-not-good vagina smell. does anyone have any idea what this could be? i'm planning on going to a gyno ASAP, but i just wanted to see what women on this message board think this could be. i haven't been sexually active for the last 3 months. i stopped taking the pill about 2 months ago, possibly the change in hormones can cause the discharge. also, like many women, i usually have a constant clear discharge that dries white. any and all feedback is helpful! thank you for reading

The Following User Says Thank You to chaitea For This Useful Post:
santanam (03-13-2012)
Old 12-28-2002, 09:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
hi,I'm glad your going to the doctor just to be sure. Could it be a yeast infection? I blame everything on a yeast infection.....LOL that is the only thing I have ever had and it caused some white discharge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

maryett HB User
Yeah I agree it might be thrush. Does your vagina feel a bit sore, and/or itchy? Does the discharge seem to be in white clumps? Your doctor will be able to figure it out for sure.

Old 12-29-2002, 10:21 PM   #4

chaitea HB User
yeah, it's kinda white and clumpy, and it is a little bit red and sore down there. now, not too long ago i tried some yeast infection medicine and it just burned and burned and caused great discomfort. then i was given a prescription for bacterial vaginitis, and ended up with thrush on my tounge. yes i know this story is quite weird and gross. thanks for the input.

Old 12-30-2002, 07:09 AM   #5

paulb HB User
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by chaitea:
yeah, it's kinda white and clumpy, and it is a little bit red and sore down there.
Definitely sounds like Thrush (Candida = yeast)

Quote:
now, not too long ago i tried some yeast infection medicine and it just burned and burned and caused great discomfort.
Unfortunately, par for the course. YOu just have to find one that suits you, or go (to the doctor) for the oral treatment (Ketoconazole = "Nizoral")

Quote:
then i was given a prescription for bacterial vaginitis, and ended up with thrush on my tounge.
That would have been amoxycillin. Par for the course!

Quote:
yes i know this story is quite weird and gross.
Hardly! Just the usual.

Old 12-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #6
Inactive

silverwill HB User
paulb, do you golf?

Sounds like a yeast infection though--as has been stated--if OTC remedies don't work, go to the stronger Rx stuff. Doctors usually have samples if you're short on money.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:07 PM   #7
(female)

Disposition HB User
Probably a yeast infection, thrush, something like that.
Hope your visit at the gyn. goes well!

------------------
"Tomorrow may be better, but today I choose not to feel..."

Old 01-01-2003, 01:50 AM   #8

paulb HB User
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by silverwillow2000:
Paul B., do you golf?
Oh, no! Traditional I am not. I simply do not have the patience. I can't fish either!

But "par for the course" seems a common enough aphorism to use.

Old 01-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #9
Inactive

silverwill HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by paulb:
Oh, no! Traditional I am not. I simply do not have the patience. I can't fish either!

But "par for the course" seems a common enough aphorism to use.
LOL
Sorry, it was the "par for the course" part that made me ask.

I don't do either.....golf is just stupid, & I don't eat most fish so why catch them? (it's cruel). I'm learning how to hunt though. I'm eventually taking a course on gun safety by Ted Nugent.

Also, I'm not a doctor. I read a ton of medical books & I'm facsinated by oddities. Plus I'm on the sickly side.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:55 AM   #10

gonzales HB User
Re: white discharge

HI-
Like you said most women get a constant clear discharge. I have been told that if it is yellow or green and smells bad, then it is some sort of infection. Sounds like vaginitis or yeast infection and may need antibiotics but of course a doctors visit will confirm. every year when I go to the gyn, I complain of heavy discharge and they do tests and it is always normal. hope this helps.

Closed Thread