Posted by Era
on May 16, 2000 at 06:40:35:
My father is suffering from multiple problems from last six months. But doctors are not able to find out the exact root cause.
Is there any possibility of occult malignancy?
Age - 68 years
Main problems :-
- Continuous Weight loss (lost 20 KGs within 2 months)
- Hemoglobin loss (near 8 as on today)
- Poor heart pumping rate. Echo 2D report shows 20-25% of pumping rate
- Suffered from severe ulceritic colitis from last 5 months, now cured by heavy drugs like syzopirin etc. He is taking these medicines since last three months
He had such attacks before . Approximately 3-4 times in last 8 years.
- Found 1300 CC water content from left lung on 28th Feb 2000. It was tapped and removed.
1) CT scan for intestine
2) Berium mill
4) Tests for Malignancy, TB, HIV, Hipatitis, Thyroid glands, Liver, Blood, Bone marrow
All above mentioned tests were negative and showed absolutely normal health.
No diagnosis on what exactly is the cause of weight loss, hemoglobin loss and loss of appetite.
Now doctors are treating empirically on TB from last two weeks as there is no evidance of Cancer. We are waiting for the results.
If he responds to TB medication then we hope that his loss of appetite and loss of weight and other related problems will be arrested. But unfortunately if TB medication turns out to be negative then we really don't know what to do. Even doctors are stuck up.
If weight loss further continues then probably we will give him Intra-vascular drugs or blood transfusion. But then its all temporary effects.
We all need your help. Please suggest us the way to find out the exact disease.
I would like to thank all the members of this site and the service providers on this site.
Waiting for your reply. I would be grateful.
Thanks and Best Regards