Posted by Albert Wee
on May 16, 2000 at 01:06:02:
In Reply to: Phone your pediatrician! posted by Jen on May 12, 2000 at 08:16:30:
: : My wife had a tooth extraction and was given 3 kinds of medicine. However the name of the medicine on the prescription was scribbled and is unreadable.
: : The 3 kinds are (I'm guessing, not sure of the spellings):
: : 1. Anoxil (capsule of orange and white)
: : 2. Anlagel (capsule of yellow and green)
: : 3. Ponetar (white pill)
: : The problem is that my child (3 yrs) had swallowed 7 Ponetar pills and 2 Anlagel capsules. He had been under observation at home and has no adverse effects for the last 3 hours. Please advise what are these medicine and whether is there any danger and side effects.
: : Thank you.
: Sorry, but I wouldn't be waiting for an answer here, I'd be calling the pediatrician or ER right away. He's likely to have swallowed the pain control medication, the first listed is probably an antibiotic. Call your doctor.
We visited the pediatrician and was told to go back home and observed him. The doctor said there will probably be no problem with him and drink lots of water. It has been 5 days now and there is nothing wrong with him with no signs of side effects.
So, just to let every parents know that, in the event your child swallowed any dental prescription such as antibotic or pain control pills, stay calm and quickly sent him to the pediatrician. Do not get any panic attacks like we did, it is not life threatening.