It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by jenmat on May 20, 2000 at 22:41:35:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if I should talk to my dentist or just soldier on.

I got a crown on my second mandibular molar in Feb. I had a large cavity low on the tooth (lifesavers, never again). I also got another crown on the opposite side on my maxilary second molar. The mand. tooth was very tender waiting for the perm. crown. They had a terrible time getting the crown on. Apparently my third molar had moved. In April my crown still sort of hurt. It was sensitive when I chewed and it felt high but not all the time just most of the time. I also had a dull ache in my ear and along my maxilla on that side. I went back to the dentist. He suggested either it could be a root canal problem or my wisdom teeth. I needed then out anyway so I had them pulled late in April. That was fine but didn't fix the problem. So now I'm scheduled to see an endodontist in two weeks.

My pain has changed this past week. It became very intense in my ear and I couldn't sleep. Irresponsible doses of over the counter pain killers weren't helping. Today that has all subsided and now the crowned tooth is especially painful. More than ever before, and seems higher than ever. Is this change something my dentist should be made aware of, or am I cool to wait it out two more weeks? How stoic should I be? I don't want to do more damage.

Thanks, Jen

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!