It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by Donna on August 24, 2000 at 09:37:03:

In Reply to: Re: To Treat or Not? posted by donna on August 23, 2000 at 22:47:21:

: :My 9 year old daughter had almost the same thing happen to her.She had a grand mal seizure in July.All her test were fine except the EEG which also showed abnormalties in the back of the brain.(bursts)My daughters Dr. basically told me he wouldn't diagnose her until she had another seizure.Now I'm wondering if we should just wait for another one to happen.We go to a Dr. In Springfield Ma. I am taking my daughter and her records to Boston.I will let you know what they say.Please let me know what you decide. Lisa,

I was thinking about your message last night.Your sons Dr. said that he had a 50/50 chance of having another seizure.My daughters Dr. said that he wasn't 100% sure that she wouldn't have another one.What does all this really mean?Are they really that much in the dark.I would think the EEG could at least see the severity of the condition.I would like to know the statistics.
people who have abnormalities in the EEG and have had a seizure what % of them have reoccuring seizures? The Drs don't like to give a personal opinion.I'm sure they have a better idea from past experience. Donna


Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!