Posted by Juliana
on October 01, 1999 at 04:26:16:
I apologize ahead of time for my lack of English diction and correct terminology.....here goes:
1. Why do I have to get information about E from internet that my neuro should be knowledgeable about (but isn't/won't tell me)
2. Why aren't all neuros treating PWEs required to be pharmacologists since they prescribe medications they essentially know nothing about
3. Why aren't PWE's treated same as terminally ill in eyes of state and federal government assistance programs
4. Why is epilepsy a "condition" rather than a disease, since PWE's will eventually succumb as result of "condition" or treatment thereof
5. There are 2.5 million pwe's in the country (USA), w/ #'s increasing daily.....why are meds so expensive if so many pwe's are taking them....whatever happened to supply andn demand
6. Why is it so expensive to walk into a neuro's office, considering the # of pwe's......especially when all they do is write prescriptions (no better than a GP) for deadly meds, of which they have little,if any knowledge. Why can't PWEs get lifetime scripts . PWE's are highly attuned to their minds and bodies....if something goes wrong w/ med, we KNOW to go back and get another , different/better (HA) med.
No need to answer these questions to me......just follow the $$ trail......it's all a scam....and since we aren't allowed insurance coverage, it's even better ....it's a cash on the barrel head scam.....no need to fill out forms....jes hand 'em yer wallet.....or credit card.....
ONE REALLY ANGRY AND DISGUSTED PWE (who's sick andn tired of the money merry-go-round)
PS. That Bill of Rights for PWEs......is a farce.....a sick platitude.....a utopian hope that will NEVER exist......(they really went overboard on that piece of PR....wonder who they were tryin to placate.....their own sense of guilt, maybe....you can bet yer last prescription dollar that a non epileptic wrote it) and I'll lay odds that no neurologist had an epileptic as a kid or was one himself......