| THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE |
| | Re: extra calories
Re: extra calories
[ Back to Messages
Posted by SuperDave
on July 25, 2000 at 16:05:12:
In Reply to: Re: extra calories posted by Steve on July 25, 2000 at 13:59:35:
1. I have a masters in mechanical Engineering, but much to my friends dismay that doesn't mean I know how to fix their cars. Just because you may have a degree doesn't mean you are automatically right about everything.
2. How can lowering your bad cholesterol and raising your good cause heart disease? Also, it would seem like sugar would do more to stimulate the onset of diabetes than unsaturated fat?
3. Studies have been done (by Phd's) which seem to prove that high carb and high fat intake immediently after a strength training workout help to stimulate muscle growth. In fact, a few well known professional strength trainers supplement with a high fat mixture right after a hard workout.
4. If what you say is true, then why supplement with carbs? Who would argue that fat can be transferred into carbs? Why would your body store it if it couldn't? You say to supplement with carbs, which is an energy source just like fat.
5. Those of us who strength train seriously are often on very strict diets. There diets include virtually no processed sugar as well as saturated fat. I find that it is very difficult to meet my bodies caloric requirements so that muscle growth will continue without eating unsaturated fats.
6. The hunger satiation effect you describe from fat is there, but it's nowhere near as powerful as you may suggest.
7. Can you not express your views without adding insults, or just being smart-mouthed? You make it hard to believe that you are a professional. Are you sure you have a Masters?
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM.