It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Posted by KAte on January 04, 2000 at 17:26:27:

In Reply to: Re: SOS!!!! posted by Knute on December 27, 1999 at 22:18:45:

: David,
The drug is only a band-aid. After being on it for 3 years. I? am now addited to it and it has made me worse. Your body gets adjusted to it- then needs more. You become even worse and don't listen to people. Not worth it. I want to get off it. But I fear all the withdraws, losing my job. It will make my mind work is far worse than you can imagine once your addicted. It's all lies. there is no right does. Read about the side affects. The best solution": Learn to be an expert in communication. Master that and people who don't have it won't contend with your differences.

: Maybe you've tried this but if you haven't, why don't you go to your HMO and ask your Doctor. If you have medical records of your diagnosis of ADD bring them with you.
: Any doctor can prescribe ADD medication once you are diagnosed. Any doctor can diagnose it if he or she is willing, but many GP's would probably rather see a diagnosis from a psychiatrist or a neurologist.
: Also, does your college have a student health service? You may be able to go through them.
: In the middle 60's I got through college using some of your techniques. Many of my teachers were very harsh, to say the least.
: Years later I discovered my ADD. Medication has transformed my life; I wish it could have transformed my life back then. I don't want to go on in this unhappy vein but I would urge you to do everything you can short of breaking the law to get the medecine you need. Knute.

: : Hi,

: : I am a Junior at Ursinus College who was diagnosed with ADD or Hyperactivity disorder when I was 6 or 7 years old. My parents very naturual behavioral modification oriented people chose not to have me put on medicine; I now am 20 and I have a general grip on my disorder. I can focus...generally..yet have some definite relapses when I cannot be absolutly on my game. Since I have been to college I have used behavioral modification, yoga, meditation, herbs, and diet in order to help concentrate. However, I would like to get a complete consultation to possibly have some psychostimulants ie. Cylert, Ritalin, Dexadrine, or Adderal prescibed to me. I have experimented with them to help concentrate and have found them to be of great benefit, I would like to have legal access to a small amount monthly to be used sparingly in times of need of great concentration. My HMO, Geisinger/PSU of Pennsylvania is a poorly run, red-tape ridden health care provider who has run me through absolute loops in order to have this problem addressed. I would like to know if there are affordable private Doctors in the Eastern Pennsylvania area that could help me, outside or inside the jurisdiction of my health plan. PLEASE HELP ME, ANYTHING INFO OR OTHER IS APPRECIATED!
: : Sincerely,
: : David Slavick

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!