It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Posted by iris natanzon on October 28, 1999 at 17:02:27:

In Reply to: question for parents with ADD children posted by Rebecca Robinson on October 15, 1999 at 17:44:47:

: Hello,
: I have a son who is 4 years old. The last past six months he has been very hard to manage especiall at school. He has been disruptive and has caused alot of problems. He is hyper active and I was thinking it is a stage that he is going through and he is just being " a boy". I am wondering if I should get him tested for ADD. Sometimes he can sit still but overall he is hard to manage and it is literally exhausting to deal with him day to day. I don't know if I should take him to a doctor or a psychologist. Any information will greatly be appreciated.

: Thank you
: Rebecca Robinson

Dear Rebecca
Hello , I am the mother of 2 children who have been diagnosed as having AD(H)D and are now on RITILIN, go to group therapy and recieve special help at school. They were both dianosed at a young age by a neurologist and pscychologist and have been recieving help since pre kindergarten. This early detection and intervention has made all the difference between happy, well adjusted and accademically successful kids and what otherwise could have happened to them. I believe that the best thing you could do for your son is to take him for a thorough evaluation as soon as possible so you all can begin to address his needs and make all of you happier, especially HIM!
Respectfully, IRIS

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!