View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
dianne12315 HB User
Re: Permanent Placement of Adult with Downs

The first thing I would do is look in your state for an agency that deals with Developmental Disablities and they would probably be able to help you. There are quite a few private agencies as well as state agencies that have group homes that you can look into. She would be placed in a home with other adults who are her age and you have the right to specify if you want her to be in a co-ed type setting or not. I have worked in that field as a caregiver for over 30 yrs and believe me they are very good.

What state do you live in? Usually the state agencies can be found as OMRDDD which means Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities or they may be found under DDSO which means Developmental Disabilities Sevices Organization. Each state is different though so you may have to do some research.

Good Luck and let me know how you make out.

Last edited by dianne12315; 11-09-2004 at 04:04 PM.