View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 05:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
dianne12315 HB User
Re: Permanent Placement of Adult with Downs

You could try doing a search from your computer for the different agencies in your state. If you find can contact one of them and they will be able to give you the help you're looking for. Type in "Tennessee OMRDD Agencies or Tennessee DDSO"

Does your daughter have a Social Worker?

You might also be able to do a search through your local school system. Some of the teachers who teach Special Ed may be also be able to give you some insight as to where to go for help. If you have Social Services in the county you live in they can probably help you also. Contact your local Mental Health organization. I'm sure there is someone there who could help you also and if they can't I'm sure they have the resources to put you in the right direction.

I wish I could be of more help to you though. Hopefully I have given you a few options that you can look into. I think it's great that you're looking for a suitable placement for her and it sounds like you're trying to do the right thing.

Let me know how you make out.