View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
UT_mom
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User
To those on Opiates & Muscle Relaxers, I have a question

Hello everyone--
I have a question. I am getting by without much help at all. I feel like I do have Fibromyalgia but I feel like something else is going on too. I don't have any answers. I'm just trying to take care of myself the best I can. I take Ibruprophen daily which helps a good deal. Occasionally my pain is severe enough to warrant my taking Darvocet which I only take occasionally and as needed. It isn't really strong but it does help me. I have two small children though and there are several times when I would take it but I don't like the side effects and when I'm the one in charge of the kids all day, I don't want to be sleepy or out of it, so I hurt. My husband is a massage therapist and he says that my muscles are frequently rock hard to the touch. I have thought about asking about muscle relaxers for pain when I don't want to take the darvocet. I know however that muscle relaxers have their share of unwanted side effects as well, drowsiness being one of them. I thought I'd ask those of you who take opiates and muscle relaxers what your side effects are like from both drugs and which of the two based one their effects you prefer? Thank you so much for helping me!
Love,
Shawnee

The following user gives a hug of support to UT_mom:
kgariba2 (10-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb