View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 49
ladychecotah HB User
Re: allergic to most antibiotics

I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics as well. In my case, I took a lot of antibiotics all my life and often. I think that is why I became sensitive. It is a potentially dangerous situation. Presently I have 3 that I can take and the Dr rotates them. I also have a mitral valve prolaspe and have to take an antibiotic before dental work. My allergist told me that if I got a critial infection, he could de-sensitize me in the hospital in a 24 hour procedure by giving me little doses and increasing them and trying to control the reaction. I hope that never happens.