It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

2010 Mommies Message Board

• Can Prednisone cause your IGG levels to be low

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
    dmakower
    (female)

dmakower HB User
    Can Prednisone cause your IGG levels to be low

I have had acute Bronchial Asthma attacks with sinus infections since March. They tested my blood at two different visits and my IGG levels were very low each time. They diagnosed me with an immune disorder called hypogammaglobulinemia. For the past couple of years every time I get near someone with a cold sinus infection or flu I come down with it within 2-3 days. I have severe asthma that goes straight in to Bronchitis with or without a sinus infection every time I come off of the Prednisone. Within a week till a week and a half I am sick again. I really don't know much about this condition, but I can't seem to get my asthma under control for the first time in 18 years. My two biggest triggers is humidity and the cold. I live in an area where normally our weather is very dry. It rained from May until August almost every day. I have to sit with a dehumidifier every day inside my house because of the humidity. All of this being said I had never been diagnosed with IGG deficiency before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply