View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 200
Border3899 HB User
Taylor Steven has arrived

Taylor is now sleeping so hopefully i can post his story before he wakes back up.

He had a rather chatotic arrival into this world...

December 14th i was 37 weeks along and had to go in to see a Perinatologist for a level 2 ultrasound because they wanted to see why he has essentially stopped growing. The Perinatologist doing the ultrasound predicted his weight to be anywhere between 4 and 5 pounds. They sent me right away for a non stress test to make sure that he was still very active and healthy....which he was. They then checked my cervix and discovered i was dialated to a 1. He said that i could go home and pack my bag and get my husband but had to be back to the hospital ASAP so they could induce labor. He said they wanted to induce labor right away because they knew he was still very active and strong......the way he put it was that there was a problem with my placenta and they didnt want to risk me carrying to term with his small size because then they run the risk of him coming under stress and being a still born, and they didnt want that to happen because then they would have been kicking themselves saying we should have taken him when we knew he was strong.

So at 6 p.m. i got back to the hospital and they checked me and i was already dialated to a 7 p.m. the Perinatologist came into break my water and i was dialated to a 3 (this is with no medication) and was at a +2 station. They broke my water and at about midnight I was ready for the epidural so i told the nurse, she came in checked me again and i was at a 5, she then came back an hour lator and said it would be awhile on the epidural as the anestitist was busy doing a C-Section, so she gave me some wonderful pain medication to get me by. At 2 a.m. they came for the epidural and i was dialated to a 7. The nurse came back to check me at 4 a.m. and i was at a 9. At 5 a.m. i was dialated to a 10 so we did 2 practice pushes, then she called the Perinatologist, when he got in the room at 5:30, i pushed twice and out came Taylor.

His stats are below and he is a very healthy and strong little boy. Growing like a weed and the doctors are very impressed. We were origionally told we could expect him to be in the hospital until his due date of January 6th but he was so strong and healthy he was able to come home from the hospital with us.

Taylor Steven
December 15th at 5:43 a.m.
5 pounds
18 inches long

Last edited by Border3899; 01-02-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb