Thread: DayDreaming
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
Nanc
(female)

Nanc HB User
Post DayDreaming

My 15 year old daughter has started "zoning out" , or "seems to be in her own world", She will be looking up into the air as if she see's someone, then will start moving her lips like she is having a conversation with the person, but doesn't say anything outloud. She will laugh out loud, or make a loud noise like she is really excited. She lately has started moving her body around like she is putting alot of excitement into the conversation. To get her to stop, I sometimes have to say her name loud two or three times to get her attention. I will ask her, "Who were you talking to, or Who did you see", and the person that she says is usually always someone that she really likes alot, it is a person that she is familiar with. I didn't think much of it at first, but it has become a habit kind of thing, she is moving around in her chair, and sometimes even when she is walking along, she will be moving her body around like she is in the conversation thing again. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen with there child. If it has, what did you do to get it stopped? I tell her to stop, and she will for a few seconds then start back into it again. It is like she does it without really knowing that she is. She always is happy when she is doing it, but she will hold her breath and let it out and move around so much that is really makes people around her nervous. Any Ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb