View Single Post
Old 10-18-2002, 06:14 PM   #5
vegaspurplegirl

vegaspurplegirl HB User
This might help you --- I had a daughter born 6 years ago with T-21, who died due to many complications that go with Down's Syndrome, mainly heart problems, before she was 3 months died. Then I got remarried 2 years ago and in July we got pregnant. I knew that there was early testing available before the end of the 1st trimester, the CV Sampling test. So, I took the test in my 11th week, and it is NOT any more dangerous than an amnio -- your doctor is WRONG about that. Anyway, once again, I was pregnant with a T-21 baby. My husband and I opted to terminate.
By the way, I have 2 healthy boys that were born in my first marriage. My daughter is from my ex-fiance.
I definitely recommend doing the CV Sampling. I have always been against abortion but having another heartbreaking experience like I had with my daughter dying was something I could not bear to go thru.
I talked with the genetic counselor and she said if I were try again the chances are still the same 1% chance.
I did do a carrier blood test, waiting for results, for translocation Downs. Apparently parents can be carriers without having the actual chromosomal defect. And a translocation carrier, can possibly conceive a T-21 child.
Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers... I have been there.

[This message has been edited by vegaspurplegirl (edited 10-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by vegaspurplegirl (edited 10-18-2002).]