View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
GettingWellAgain
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Angry I can't believe antivirals aren't working!

Arrgh, I just want to share my frustration with everyone. I need to vent, I guess. I'm taking acyclovir for suppressive therapy and it just isn't working. I eat a diet high in lysine and low in arginine, I take L-Lysine, I take 2grams of Vitamin C daily, I use H-Balm AND spray with hydrogen peroxide, I eat a VERY healthy and wholesome diet, I'm not really stressed out, I eat a ton of garlic everyday, and I use Lemon Balm. Since I've had herpes, since February, I think, I've only had about 4-5 OB free days. Today, a HUGE OB is starting, and 1,200mg of acyclovir isn't suppressing it! The white bumps really are looking as if they might blister, and the itching and tingling pain up my leg is unbearable! My mom keeps saying that there is no way that I'm this "unusual" and have this many OB's, but I know because I am the one feeling it. I have tried to offer hope and support for people on this board with herpes because you CAN live a wonderful life and have herpes, but I feel like the only one who isn't getting better on antivirals AND living a smart and healthy lifestyle. I'm so frustrated because I think I've had sex two or three times since since whole herpes thing came about, and my relationship with my boyfriend is suffering horribly. It seems like acyclovir MAY be helping in that I don't get huge blisters that scab over, but I still get OB's CONTINUOUSLY. I tried Valtrex and it made me feel terrible, but maybe I should give that another try? I think the whole problem with me is that my immune system is compromised from having CFS (which is believed to be an immune disorder), but either way, I'm starting to get really depressed about having herpes. :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb