View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
GettingWellAgain
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: I can't believe antivirals aren't working!

Hi KeepsGoin, Happiness Is, and SaraGirl,

I just want you to read what I just wrote to SaraGirl in her thread entitled, "Question." Here it is:

"I see that in your response to my other thread you said that you are taking OOO and OLE; I have really considered trying one of those alternatives, but I also know that both can cause a herxheimer reaction, or a "die-off" reaction. I don't know if you're familiar with the term, but basically it's when toxins enter your bloodstream because fungus/bacteria in your system is being killed off. I know for a fact that I still have bowel Candida yeast issues (I have CFS), and I'm really actually scared of the initial die-off reaction. Not everyone gets it, and it basically consists of flu-like symptoms temporarily. I should WANT to experience this so that I get better, but with how bad I'm feeling right now I don't know if I can deal with that. My fatigue (from my CFS) is so horrible right now that I don't think my body can take any more stress, so I'm really leary about trying the OOO and OLE. I saw someone on a thread here mention that Noni Juice helped them, and I am thinking about trying that. I bought garlic tablets a couple of days ago, but I think it's too soon to tell if it's going to be effective."

So....this is why I'm worried about taking OOO and OLE. In my response to SaraGirl, I also mentioned something along the lines of what you're talking about, KeepsGoin, about the natural progression of the virus. Okay, since with herpes people experience viral shedding, does this mean that with each bit of shedding the levels of the virus in the body lower? If so, because I'm on antivirals which reduce the amount of my viral shedding, does this mean that I'm keeping the higher levels of the virus in my body? Does the severity and frequency of the virus decrease over time because of viral shedding? I agree in that I'm probably experiencing bad symptoms because I haven't had herpes for very long; also, I know that some you had VERY bad initial OB's lasting months! So, I might be lucky in that my OB's aren't extremely painful. It just gets depressing day after day dealing with this. Also, my boyfriend before he left for work hinted about having sex later, and with how badly we've been getting along lately, I didn't want to say, "I can't hun, I'm having another outbreak." Of course, if he initiates anything later I have to say that, but I just feel so damn guilty and it makes me feel worse. :-(

Thanks for the incredible amount of support, everyone. Things I say here I would never be able to discuss like this in real life.

~Katalina