View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
fm5
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Re: Anyone Try Mederma for Scars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2003
My scar is three years old and I hear how mederma is great for newly acquired scars. How is it on old ones?
My scar, believe it or not, is over 20 years old. I got it as a child while in an accident walking down stairs.

I hated it for years, mainly because it was right smack in the middle of my face, right on the bridge of my nose And it was a very deep scar. I felt embarrased all the time, and hated going out on dates where there was a bright light right above my face because it was especially noticeable then.

I went to a dermatologist years ago, who did a dermabrasion on it and that did very little. Another dermatologist looked at it and said that he couldn't do anything with it, and tod me that "some things are meant to be". A plastic surgeon said "to fix this scar I would have to create another one", etc. I tried everything - makeup, powders - you name it.

This stuff does work.

I have to say the following though about the product.

You have to really follow the directions. If it says to use 2-3 times a day, you have to do that.

You have to be patient with results. It took months for this scar to soften, I think mainly because it was old and it was a deep scar.

My best wishes to you all for beautiful skin.

Last edited by fm5; 08-02-2006 at 02:56 PM.