View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 04:48 AM   #11
Jensmom
(female)

Jensmom HB User
Re: pregnant with ds baby..in need of a realistic view

Hi:

My daughter Jennifer is 25 years old, I also have 2 other children, both younger. Raising Jennifer has been wonderful, challenging, exciting and disappointing, much like raising my other two!

A few suggestions for you. Look now for early intervention help for your child. Once he/she is born, you will be busy with new mommy things. It is vitally important that you have this lined up so you can get your child child help from the get go. Jennifer had her first therapy - in our home - when she was just 2 weeks old. They gave us exercises to do to increase her muscle tone, which is low in almost all of our children. The therapist also was there to answer questions specific to our children such as feeding issues, sleep, positioning, etc.

Jennifer is indeed the light of our lives, as are our boys. She brings all of us great joy and has taught us all much about life, love, and perserverance. She gives 110% every day. I wish you the best, please know we are here to answer questions, offer support and enjoy the special moments with you.

Sarah