View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
quilter58
(female)

quilter58 HB User
Re: sitting here with my collar

Since we are having a little vent session..........
bdancer I feel ya on the "everyone is coughing around you".........I don't want to get sick this close to surgery .........take care .....I am even going to take clorox wipes and lysol with me to the hospital........heres why it is my venting...........Ice you started it............

For the past 1 1/2 years I have been caring for my Mother who has breast cancer that has spread to the bones, ribs, spine, hips, arms, top of the legs, she is also a diabetic, and has CHF (congestive heart failure).......We have been in & out of the hospitals just about every month or so and for a period of time she was in & out every few weeks.......We live in a rural community so going to the hospital meant a 50 mile trip one way.........My dad has been a God send but my brother & sister have let me do all the work...........

My vent .......take care of yourself......others won't always be there,,,,take the help when offered.........AND BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE IN THE HOSPITAL.....DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPEAK UP...ASK QUESTIONS......OR EXPECT BETTER CARE........I take the wipes and lysol spray because HOSPITAL ROOMS ARE NOT ALWAYS CLEANED REALLY WELL.........We have found dried blood left in the rooms.......I INSIST ON ANY CARE WORKER TO HAVE ON GLOVES AND FOR THEM TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE ROOM........AND MAKE THEM CHECK YOUR ARM BAND BEFORE GIVING YOU MEDS AND ASK WHAT THEY ARE GIVING YOU IN YOUR IV..!!!!!! ALL HOSPITAL WORKERS ARE HUMAN,,,,,,,,MISTAKES HAPPEN...TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CARE.......DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS ........REMEMBER THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR HEALTH & CARE........DON'T ASSUME EVERY WORKER IS QUALIFIED......There are some idiots out there in the health care profession..

SORRY THAT IS THE END OF MY VENT ........