View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
SteveGn
(male)

SteveGn HB User
Re: My Suggestions For Anxiety, Panic and Obsessive Thoughts

Thanks ocdengineer and tnmomofive! You sound like true warriors - good going!

ocdengineer, yes, it is essentially mindful meditation that I was referring to in my post. I was trying to word it in more everyday terms in order to make it more understandable and doable. Before this prior year, I did a whole lot of studying on the subject, but very little actual practicing. The panic and obsessive, scary thoughts last year around this time got me on the road to consistent practice in a big, big hurry. What was at one time such an unwanted disorder has truly turned out to be a godsend, as they say. This past week has been especially groundbreaking for me, ie., moments of clarity in the direction of "present moment" living that I had yet to experience.

shorebird, I agree with you about the cbt (haven't heard of tea form though). I haven't had any actual cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy), but "self talk" at certain times, which would probably fall under the category of cbt, has also been helpful for me. In the last few months though, I pretty much have been able to put myself into the "just be" mode without having to resort to any self talk, but it's nice to know it's there if needed.