View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: MRI of the cervical spine

i am just curious as to why your doc says nothing when you have actual cord distortion along with foraminal narrowing which both can cause alot of pain.not to mention the stenosis which in even "mild' cases,can also cause pain.what 'mild' or severe" actually is is very highly individual to who is doing that read.this is why you need the knowledge and expertise(and a second read of your films)of a good neurosurgeon.does he not understand what an MRI read is all about?i would higly suggest a trip to a good neurosurgeon in order to have this really evaluated by someone who actually knows whats up with the spine and the spinal cord involvement?hellooo?ask for a referral to one soon.your doc obviously is way out of the loop when it comes to what can actually cause pain within the spine.that distorted cord(it doesn't appear that cord is being affected by any herniation but the posterior osteos or "bone spurs" instead) also needs very thorough evaluation by a good neuro too.good luck and please keep me posted on what you find out,Marcia

Last edited by feelbad; 05-30-2007 at 05:56 AM.