View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
julie10
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User
Re: It's my turn now.... ACDF time!

My ACDF was done Jan 2nd, same two levels as yours. I agree with everyone here - once and done (we/you hope!). My job requires me to sit at a computer the majority of the day, and I just couldn't do it for almost 2 months. I did start back to work part time the beginning of March. Still having some issues, having some more tests done to see if there is another level involved, bone spur in there, or if I just need to wait it out and see if my nervous system settles down. I was naive: I was told I needed surgery on Dec 20th due to severe cord compression. It was over the holidays - I didn't have time to do any research! I didn't find this board until after, but there is alot of valuable info here. My two best tips for post-care: bendy straws and a recliner for sleeping! Oh, and one more: take your painkillers! I took myself off way to early, thinking I only needed it for the first handful of days. My NS at my first follow up 2 weeks after surgery looked at me like I was crazy! So...better living through chemicals, I guess, but it's just temporary. Best Wishes to you.