View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
Bran'sNana
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
Re: Pinched nerve in neck to shoulder

Well went to P.T. again today. Since I used the machines last week, I hurt more so I told her and she says she has a friend who's a chiropracter who's had pretty good results with this thing she uses instead of manual manipulation on patients neck called an activator. Hey! I heard about that on the message board! I said. So since I'm at a standstill with this thing she told me to try that so maybe I'll be able to do strengthening exercises down the line with her. So I'll quit P.T for awhile and see what happens with the chiropracter. I went to one a few years ago when I first hurt my neck and he was kind of rough , but it did help. Somehow though the thought of someone twisting my neck from one side to the other makes me shudder now!! So maybe a more gentle approach is better. She (the therapist ) says she sometimes sends the old ladies to her because she can't imagine someone cracking their poor little necks. I said "gee thanks a lot", but she just wants to help me.. poor thing. So it's off to another appointment! Thanks everyone for all the info, especially about the activator thing.