View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
GramaD4Deb
(female)

GramaD4Deb HB User
Re: Having had ACDF how difficult is Lumbar fusion operation?

You said you had both surgeries and that the lumbar surgery helped with all your problems, right? I am so confussed and searching for answers about having both surgeries. I am only 51 yrs old. In short I had the cervical: C4-C5,C5-C6,C6-C7 done on April 18, 2007. At this point the neurosurgeon says "it will take time there was a lot of damage done." Now I am unable to walk except short distances. I fall down alot. The last 3 fingers on each hand are still "asleep" and I have very little strength in my hands and arms. Recently I have had pain in my neck and I can "feel" the grinding again. As you know my back is killing me and the nerve pain down my R thigh and foot is bad. I also have foot drop hence the tripping. The orthopedic surgeon is trying set the date for surgery on my L shoulder because there is a 2cm calcifation pushing in to the tendon. I hate to be a complainer so I do not tell everyone the whole truth. Any suggestions that you have learned that I could benefit from? Thank you for you time. Deb

Last edited by GramaD4Deb; 08-20-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: missing infomation