View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
joanna4578
(female)

joanna4578 HB User
Re: pregnancy after downs baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom8times View Post
OH MY YES!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Only I felt I had more reason to worry. In 1989, when I was 42, I had Amy, who's Mosaic Down Syndrome. When I went for my 6 week postnatal check up, the doctor shook her finger at me and said,"What are you doing? You're pregnant again!"
As if anyone dealing with the shock of having a Down's baby and trying to come to grips with all that this entails would go out and get pregnant on purpose!!
I have to tell you, I love my daughter dearly, but the thought of caring for two Downs babies, at that point in time, was more than I could imagine!!
I had the CVS testing done this time, and it came out that my next child was just fine. She was born in 1990, and she was. In 1991, I had a miscarriage. (By this time, I told my husband not to even BREATHE on me!!)
Nevertheless.........NEVERTHELESSSSSSSSS SSS!!! I found myself pregnant again and had my last child in 1992 AND my tubes tied to make sure! LOL
So, to answer your question, having a pregnancy after a Downs child doesn't definitely mean you'll have another Downs child. But testing may help you breathe easier.