View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #103
chablis3
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User
Re: Seeking Ideas on Burning Sensation; Chest/Upper Back Area

Sammy, I know what you mean about not being able to wear the clothes you want to. I wear all my clothes loose...I can't stand anything tight on me anymore. I am thinking that you sound like you have some nerve damage going on since you have all that pain anound the rib area. That is what my neurologist suggested to me when I first started complaining about the burning, crampy, pain under my breast area. That has gone away now, thank goodness, and I am not even sure why, but I am glad! I only get a sore feeling now and then in that area, but it does go away. I was reading someplace that sometimes a hernaited disc will heal on it's own, and sometimes it takes 6 months or so. I have to wonder if this is actually true! I can't see how that can happen...especially since we can't lay in bed 6 months and do nothing! Oh yes, I definitely know what you mean about giving up on doctors. I am tired of getting the bills in the mail. But, seems the only route we can go is what we have been doing...the pain management, the chiopractors, the shots, etc! What else is there, except maybe making a decision to go have surgery right off the bat? I almost would do that if I could find a good doctor that would tell me that would correct my problem with my disc's. It gets so frustrating and expensive seeing all these other people.

Took me a long time to find out I did have a herniated disc/degenerating ones too, and I am peicing it all together in my mind that this can cause all kinds of aches and pains that move around here and there in the body...as well as affect the nerves. I wish a doctor would have sat me down and told me all that long ago!!

Don't give up, though, Sammy. When you go to your appointment Monday, speak your mind and ask all kinds of questions . Make that doctor listen to you!! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Talk soon!