View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 AM   #7
mkgb
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
Re: Is there a connection between thyroid disorders and high blood pressure?

You fight to get your hypoT optimally treated. You want a TSH about 1, unless you are on a T3 supplement.. then the TSH isn't worth the paper it is written on.. You also need to fight for your FT3 and FT4 levels to hit the optimal levels as well.. this is 50-85% of the normal lab range for most people. How do you know when you are optimal? When your FT3 and Ft4 are in the right zone and you no longer have symptoms.. it is a slow process but you will get there. It takes two weeks for T4/T3 supplements to hit blood equilibrium levels.. then another 2-4 weeks for your body to settle out how it will respond to the ne T4 and T3 blood levels. If you are not optimal in range and still have symptoms.. you need a dose increase.. increase, wait, test, and repeat until you make it back to that happy place.

Best of luck to you and hug that baby as often as you can. Loving my son has helped me these last five years.

Sincerely,
MG