View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
SRFJDF
(female)

SRFJDF HB User
I need help in interpreting mri results

Please help me!
I have been sent to a Neurologist after an MRI. The results were not explained to me but sound scary. I have no health insurance and would like help understanding what all this means for my future and my pain.

Findings:

There is straightening of the usual cervical lordosis.

The vertebral body heights and bone marrow signal intensities appear maintained.

There is an area of smudge-like increased signalseen in the anterier aspect of the spinal cord on one of the sagittal T2-weighted images. This is not found on other sequences and most likely represents a representation of Gibbs artifact. Otherwise, spinal cord appears unremarkable.

C2-C3through C4-5: Unremarkable
C5-6: One mm broad based posterier bulge/spondylosis. Unciate hypertrophy with spondylotic faraminal encroachment on the right.
C6-7: Unremarkable
C7-T1: Unremarkable

Impression:

1. Straightening of the usual cervical lordosis.
2. C5-6 level shows uncinate hypertrophy and spondylotic foraminal encroachment on the right side.
3. Smudge-like area of increased signal intensity in the cervical spinal cord seen at the C2-3 disc interspace level on one sequence only. This is most likely an artifact. However, a postcontrast follow-up study would be helpful to rule out the presence of an enhancing lesion.

Sponsors Lightbulb