View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
wangela67
(female)

wangela67 HB User
Need advice-Paxil&wellbutrin or Lexapro?

I've got a lot of good advice on this board so I hope you all can can offer some more good advice. I'm currently on Paxil CR (37.5). This drug has been wonderful for me. I could not ask for a better drug to relieve the symptoms I was having - anxiety attacks and depression. Unfortunately, I started off at 12.5 and every 2-3 years I keep having to up my dose. So I know it has pooped out for me. Also, paxil has caused a 50 lb weight gain. I've never been this heavy, however, I am happy. There was a time I was 50 lbs lighter and I was not happy so I'd rather be fat and happy than thin and miserable.

Also, I've noticed since I've upped to 37.5 that while I'm at work (sitting in front of a computer) that I get extremely sleepy. I was not like this before I upped my dose. What I mean by extremely sleepy is I close my eyes and I can feel myself going into a sleep state which is weird for me because I've never done this before at work.

My dilemma, my body image is really starting to bother me and I have been working out and trying to eat right and the scales are not moving. I would like to reduce the Paxil and add wellbutrin or just switch to Lexapro. I've read that Lexapro is more weight neutral than Paxil. Also, I've hear some success stories on this board about incorporating wellbutrin with an SSRI. On the 25 mg of Paxil my depression came back slowly and that is why I upped the dose.

I know this is long but I wanted to give everyone who reads this a little history. If you were me would you add Wellbutrin with the Paxil? or switch to Lexapro?

Thanks for your response and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb