View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
lfoster21
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Prayer for Strength

Wow, what a day! I am glad that you are getting some answers and some hope, though. My Dr. said a lot of what yours has said. As for the nerves being more sensitive...my Dr. said that since I already have Fibromyalgia, he was prepared for the extra sensitivity and that on top of that, he mentioned that those who have multiple surgeries where nerves are messed with, there is additional reasoning for this heightened sensitivity. Not only does the pain hurt more than it would another person, but can also last longer than the recovery time of others.

As far as Post-lami. syndrome and failed back syndrome...both are listed on my medical report from my pain management dr. even though they really seem to be the same thing. The only difference is that if a person did not have a lami., they would just have the 1 title. I don't really know why they have to say I have both, since both have the same symptoms. When I 1st went to see my PM, I was so happy when he Dx. me with it. Not because I wanted pain from that point on...but because someone finally put a name to what was going on in my body.

It's interesting about you leaning to the left. The appnt. must have givne you some relief that there was a reason for what you were feeling. Please let us know when you go in for the CT and we will all be praying for you.

Best of luck and I pray you are sleeping right now and not reading this until the morning

Hug and prayers comming your way,
Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.