View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1
charlotte543 HB User
Re: Traumatic Brain Injury

Regarding TBI, I have been dealing with the formal diagnosis for brain injury for an x boyfriend for twenty years.
You need to find a neuro psychologist. They do the formal cognitive testing.
You may never see the damage on a picture type film and it's not diagnosed that way. Most neurologists are idiots.
Find a good neruo psycho and the same for the menta component.
Find a good neuro psychiatrist. Some do not accept insurance, but you'll get your dx.
Also find a brain injury association in your state.
They have TBI funds for people who can't live on their own.
Keep plugging away. It's very difficult. My boyfriend is now my friend, but I am his friend, not the other way around.
Good luck.
age 55