View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: RI usa
Posts: 5
janepona HB User
Re: paraprofessionals

Paraprofessionals are teacher assistants that can perform academic requirements in the classroom setting only. It does not mean they have been trained or have experience working with children with special needs. What you should request in the IEP is a paraprofessional with special qualifications that relate to your child's special needs. Someone that has been trained in Autism especially.