View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
BreathNoMore
(female)

BreathNoMore HB User
Buspar, anyone?!

So I went to the doctor today to discuss with him some anxiety issues I have been having. Over the past few weeks, I have been experiecing EXTREME panic attacks, insomnia, and anxiety. So severe to the point where I've had to call off work, I've become socially withdrawn, and my depression is worsening. I am currently taking Celexa and today my doctor prescribed me Buspar to treat anxiety. He originally wrote me a prescription for Xanax, but said that he didn't feel comfortable combining Xanax with my particular anti-depressant. I've been doing a lot of research on Buspar and from what I've seen, not many people have been satisfied with the results and complain of very intense side effects. Recently I was raped, and since the assault, my anxiety has become unbearable, (flashbacks, nightmares, constant worrying and anxiousness) yet I have read that this medication is only effective for mild anxiety. I'm really desperate to find some relief because my anxiety is just awful. I was wondering if anybody else here has taken Buspar, and if so, did it help? Any advice would be wonderful.

*~Krystal

Sponsors Lightbulb