View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 461
fossilapostle HB User
Re: Bipolar wife. PLEASE help !

As far as the financial issues, you may want to speak to an attorney. If you can have her declared mentally incompetent (not sure if that's the right terminology), you can get power of attorney over her finances which would hopefully prevent her from spending all your money.

As far as her mental illness, you may just have to lay it on the line and say that she has to get help if she wants to remain married to you. If she really is mentally ill then if you divorced then you would likely get custody of your child. Hopefully that will be enough to make her get help if she's not willing to do so by any other method.

Good luck!