View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #8
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Reboot Nervous System? Five major spine surgeries...

i DO know how you feel there. you DO have RSD, its the same thing as CRPS, there are actually a couple of different "types" of RSD,so they did change that name to CRPS to cover it all with one name. when i mentioned the CNS, it was a quicker way of saying the "central nervous system",thats all. have you been up to the RSD board at all(it is right above this one in the 'R" section)? there are just some great knowledble people up there, some of who i do believe did have the infusions here in the states somewhere, you would have to post that question up there.

just curious as to just where your RSD is actually located within your body? mine is in my right knee down thru my foot. have you ever tried an actual sympathetic block? these can help tons with certain peoples RSD pain since the RSD does get triggered by sympathetic damage somewhere in your body. they discuss these alot up in the RSD boards too. i have had a few over the years when things start burning above what my TENS unit can help with. it will usually bring it down to a much duller roar for me.

the TENS unit is also about the only thing that i have tried that really helps with my RSD flares i get,so its another little pain control tool that has helped me with my RSD pain. between the sympathetic blocks and my TENS unit,these are just what help me the most. i have tried many different types of meds but they all appear to really hit me hard with side effects. what meds have you tried or been on to help with your pain? are you being treated by a pain management doc at all? these pain clinics are where they really know the best ways to try and bring down pain. not just from RSD,but alot of different types of pain. if you have not yet seen a good pain doc,you really do need that level of expertise for what you have going on. most pain clinics also have an anesthesiologist either as your actual pain doc or someone on staff. these are the folks who do the symp blocks,and other injections for pain control.

do you know just what triggered your RSD? was it from one of your surgeries? thats the most likely causes of it. mine was from spinal cord damage that was done during my surgery in my cord. somehow some way,the NS ,while doing my surgery,managed to also hit my sympathetic nervous system inside my cord. i have alot of sympathetic damage now to have to deal with.

if you could answer some of the questions i asked it would help me to try and help you in the best way. also,take a trip up to that RSD board,you will be welcomed, trust me. good luck, Marcia