View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Reboot Nervous System? Five major spine surgeries...

so sorry for all that you are having to deal with. i am kind of in that same boat with all the messed up things and disease processes i have going on too.

one big thing here is i think you are referring to things that are NOT related to the actual TENS unit. when someone has to go to a doc to have electorde adjustments made,THAT is the spinal cord stimulator,and not the TENS unit,no way no how. the other thing you mentioned that is also surgically implanted is that medication delivery pump that IS surgically implanted in a specific area that delivers meds intrathecally(meaning at the spinal level) too.

what the actual TENS unit is is completely and totally controlled and applied by YOU,anytime you need it or want it. you take the unit out of its case and you apply those four(you can get a unit with more electrodes but the standard is four)electrodes all by yourself,i place mine so my wires are somewhat crisscrossed so that current goes right into and passes thru my pain area in my knee. NOTHING about this type of electrical stim is surgically implanted in you,nothing.

the best way to obtain this unit is by seeing a PT person who knows about the ins and outs of best electrode placement based on your individual pain needs. she will go thru every step with you so you at least have a clue as to how it works and the very best ways to place those electrodes too. this is what i did with getting my unit. honestly,it is really a simple thing to use and apply and it is also the ONLY thing tht will calm down one of my RSD flares. i would very highly recommend trying it,it works really well for certain people and others not so much,but it should at least be tried anyways as a possible tool to help with your pain. like i said above,this is totally and completely controlled by you at all times. you were just thiking of two totally different things other than the TENS itself. this crap can get really confusing at times,believe me,lol. i just wanted to make certain you kew exactly what i was talking about here. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb