View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
seveppa
(female)

seveppa HB User
Sinus Allergies and swollen throat

Just wondering if anyone else goes through this: I have bad sinus allergies - indoor and outdoor - that I have been suffering from since I was exposed to a toxic mold in a "sick building". I have chronic sinus infections, bad congestion, post nasal drip, etc. Some days, such as when the pollen count in my area is high, like today, it is really bad. When I am having a bad day, my throat gets really irritated and seems to swell. I cough a lot and feel like I cannot breathe. Sometimes, the mucos is so bad and thick that I gag and choke on it. A couple of months ago, I had that happen while I was driving and I felt like I could not breath - like my throat was obstructed. I have been told my a Pulmonologist that I have allergic reactive airway disease - not in my lungs but in my throat. I have a lung function test yearly and it is always fine - very good for my age, in fact. Anyway, it is the swollen throat and the near choking that concerns me. I can deal with the headache and facial and tooth pain and pressure - but this feeling that my throat is closing up is awful. It is causing me to have panic attacks and a high level of anxiety. Does anyone else go through this and, if so, what do you do about it???

Sponsors Lightbulb